Preaching and Teaching is a Gift with Responsibility

 

13 September 2024

23rd Week Ordinary Time

Friday

1 Cor 9:16-27

Preaching and Teaching is a Gift with Responsibility.

For when I preach the gospel, I cannot boast, since I am compelled to preach. Woe to me if I do not preach the gospel! If I preach voluntarily, I have a reward; if not voluntarily, I am simply discharging the trust committed to me. What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make full use of my rights as a preacher of the gospel" (1 Cor 9:16-18).

While preaching is a gift and a duty for those who are called. It involves the responsibility to live what one preaches and preach those things one practices. Preaching is one aspect of life, but it has to be integrated with life. Preachers and teachers should not preach and teach what is impossible but that could be lived and make it possible to live with the Grace of God and human effort. If not preaching is a useless exercise one who preaches and for those it is preached.

Do we make an effort to practice what we preach to the people?

Fr Putti Anthaiah Sdb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salvation is More Refined Than Gold

GOLD AND SILVER

God Shared His Priesthood with Humanity in Christ